And here are the pictures of the finished shawl.
There isn’t much to say about it really, except that it’s hard to take nice pictures on a bannister and we probably won’t do it again.
It was also hard to make the travelling stitches. Not because they were particularly hard to make but because I kept forgetting them or made them in the wrong direction. I’m glad I know how to correct a stitch without ripping it all apart. I think I got it in the end though.
I really like how it came out after blocking. As I said before I especially like the border and how it’s two colors and points.
Also, there are beads! Everything is just a little bit better when there are beads.
Beads at the bottom and at the top. I went a bit outside of my comfort zone by choosing yellow for this shawl. I got some choices, since this is from a yarn and pattern club, and normally I would have gone with pink or green or something but something told me to be bold and choose yellow, so I did. It’s not bad, not bad at all.
There was one advantage with taken pictures at this spot though, the shadow that the lace pattern created on the wooden bars. Pretty!