If it wasn’t enough last week with lack of knitting time, I also had a few knitting attacks. I have started on a new hat and all went well, I did the ribbing and got well into the pattern.
When I realized that there was something missing. I had happily knit on, I’ve done two of these hats before and I felt confident. That’s usually when you should stop, take a step back and look things over.
Yep, I had forgotten to change needles after the ribbing was done. Ribbing was done in 4 mm needles and I should have changed to 5 mm needles.
There was nothing to do but unravel and start over from the top of the ribbing. Since knitting time was limited it felt like it took forever before I had recovered and gone past the place where I figured I had gone wrong the first time.
I got some rows done at the book club though (you can see my cookies there too) and yes, I’ve never used a cable needle, that’s a match that you see to the left in the project.
Tonight at theatre rehearsal I got even more done and now I’m confident with my project again. Please note that my project is in the theme color
of this fall, orange. We do like orange this year. Preferably together with lime green. Not in this hat though, that would be too much.